Thursday, May 17, 2012

The After

Do you remember the before? Probably not since I posted it last year around this time. I wanted to test out the new set-up to see how I liked before I posted again on the reorganization. And then, as usual, things got messy in the process of creation. Honestly, I don't think there is a way to avoid the mess. I think it's a reflection of my brain at work and apparently that ain't pretty or tidy. So unless I change the brain, I think I''ll have to live with a little chaos. The bright side of it all is that things are so much less crazy than before. And so much easier to put in order when I get around to it.

Check this out...




Chad built these pattern drawers. Now I actually put my patterns away and can find them easily rather than digging through a huge pile and searching in frustration. It's on wheels so I can roll it to the end of my cut out table to add a little length when needed.

Here are two more that create another work table when rolled together.




We also added more task lighting and improved the overhead lighting as well.



All in all, I think I'm getting more work done in a more efficient matter. I'm less frustrated which helps with the creative flow and I don't trip over things quite as often which is good for my health :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you to the hubs and his organizational prowess, skill and craftsmanship!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment