Thursday, May 12, 2011

The before

I'm about to embark on a studio revamp. I know you're probably thinking, "Oh but your space looks so very uhmmm, eclectic." but it's OK. You can just blurt out "What a sty". I won't be offended. After all I work in this little disaster zone. How do I ever get anything done? Here's how it works:
  • I work.
  • I make a huge mess.
  • I clean and organize my crap.
  • I work again and try to stay organized.
  • I make an even bigger mess.
My only excuse is that I don't really have places for all the things that need to be placed. And to add to that, I just bought another industrial machine that needs a place to live too.
Here's where my awesome husband Chad comes in. He is a master of organization and streamlining processes. He's also a furniture maker and can take all of my crazy imaginary conglomerations of nooks and crannies for this and that and channel them into real life shelves and carts. I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. As we were brainstorming fixes, I found myself gushing to Chad about how amazing he is, how lucky I am to have someone who can actually make these things happen, and on and on. I found out that gushing about him and his fabulous self (rather than myself) put a smile on his face and made him happier to do the project.
So stage one, the planning phase, is complete. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. That's about what my studio currently looks like too. I am naturally a very organized person and it just kills me to work in a mess but I have zero time to clean it right now and it's spreading! Soon the rest of my house will be a disaster!

    I can't wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete